Thursday, June 21, 2012

Laughter


I have come across a few pictures of cats that have made me laugh out loud.  Sometimes laughter is the greatest medicine for anything.   My cats have done so many different things that have caused me to laugh and wonder what they were thinking, like Falcor going from room to room meowing or meowing down the heater vent in the living room.  Both of the pictures I have posted are two of the pictures that I laugh every time I look at them.  The one on the right that says stop laughing makes me think of my cats after they get a bath.   Once Pop-eye found himself in the basement when we left for the night.  Our neighbor told us he found a cat in the basement but couldn't get him to come to him.  So we searched and search until we heard his meow up in the rafters.  When we pulled him down he was black.  All black.   When we washed him our tub was black and he looked miserable like that cat.

Too often we don't take the time to laugh at things or even ourselves.I think we need to do that more often.  I just be able to laugh at ourselves and then forget our mistakes or embarrassing moments later.  Cats do things that would other wise be embarrassing like sleeping in a sink or falling off the bed while they roll around for attention.  Laughter comes with cats, enjoying their insidiousness and their actions.   The pictures on LOLcats are examples of laughter from owning cats, if only I could capture my boys in one of their moments.  Enjoy the laughter that follows from owning a cat and learn to laugh at yourself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment